- Artificial sweeteners or artificial fats
- Raw meat* (poultry can contain bacteria, salmonella, or parasites or viruses) Here are healthy foods to use when making homemade dog food.
|Photo By Google|
- Meats (cooked) do not over cook
- Organ meats, liver (don't overuse)
- Cultured dairy products such as yogurt, buttermilk, cheese
- Complex carbohydrates such as rice, sweet potatoes, beans, legumes
- Fiber sources such as bran, fresh vegetables, whole-grains
Diabetic pets, I strongly recommend discussing any diet changes with your veterinarian.
It is known that animals that eat a healthier diet, and get regular exercise live longer lives.